Sunday, January 10, 2016

Shopping for SHOES!

Bees, I LOVE a good deal. And in my mind, the only thing better than a good deal is free.


Ever since I bought my wedding gown, ideas for shoes have been dancing in my head. I've been dressing up for college debate stuff for years now, and I interned in a law firm for two summers, so I love a good, classy pump. But ever since I started teaching, flats have been the name of my game. It will really do a number on you to try to walk around a classroom in heels for eight hours straight. I learned that the hard way. 

Here's my outfit from my first day as a teacher. Those yellow wedge sandals were a mistake. // Personal Photo

But since I wear heels so rarely now, I think my wedding is the perfect day to dress my feet up a little! The only question, of course, was where to start my first attempt at wedding shoe shopping.

Enter the "free" part of this post. I've had a Rack Room gift card taking up space in my wallet for almost a year now, courtesy of my mom. When I buy shoes, I get really attached to them, so I don't shop for them unless I really, really need a new pair. I decided to see what I could on the store's website by way of wedding shoes. I wasn't expecting to find much, if anything, but I was pleasantly surprised to come across two styles that I loved and found on super-super sale. I decided to order both so I can try them each with my gown. Yay to new shoes!

Madden Girl Propose in Mint // From RackRoomShoes.com

This first find is called the Madden Girl Propose, and comes in four colors. I decided to order in the mint, since our wedding palette includes mint and lilac. I LOVE wedding pictures where the bride is showing off her fun, colorful shoes, so I really hope these will work for me. And they were on sale for a serious steal.

Minty wedding shoes inspiration // From InspiredByThis.com

I am not sure how these shoes, with the low heel and the texture, will look with my dress though, so I decided to look around a little more before choosing. I am the kind of girl who always likes to have a back-up plan! Enter these pretties. 


LFL Elektrik in light Nude // From RackRoomShoes.com

This style is called LFL Elektrik...I know, I know. The spelling is making my English teacher heart wither up and die. But I thought the lace was SO pretty, and I can see these shoes looking really nice with my dress and many other styles of bridal gowns. I also like the height on the heel a lot. I'm 5'2", so I need something with some height. Plus, I have always been partial to a pointed toe, even though I know some ladies hate them. 

These shoes come in tons of colors, including gold. The colors are a little bit confusing, because they have two color swatches listed as Nude. This is listed as Nude, but they also have a darker color swatch that is a true patent-looking nude color. These were on sale, too, so you guessed it, I put them in my shopping cart as well. 

Both pairs should be arriving in the mail sometime in the next few weeks, and I will definitely try them both with my dress! Who knows, maybe I'll even wear one pair for the ceremony and the other pair for the reception!

Which style do you think is cutest? How did you find your wedding shoes?





0 comments:

Post a Comment