Monday, March 21, 2016

Dressing the Ladies: Part II

Well, my spring break is over and it's time to get back to the grind for my final quarter of teaching this year. It's so weird and awesome to think that when the next quarter starts, Mr. Blue Moon and I will be married and finally living under the same roof!

During the first half of my vacation, I went home to work on some wedding items with my mom, and helped my two hometown bridesmaids pick out their dresses. I spent the second half of the week with Mr. Blue Moon in Atlanta, and met with my two out-of-state bridesmaids to pick out dresses. Since we are doing mismatched styles, it is really just a matter of helping my girls pick their favorites. I'm not picky!

Bridesmaid H in a short crinkle chiffon halter dress from David's Bridal. Personal Photo.
 
Bridesmaid H hails from Georgia, and is also a graduate of a university here, but we did not meet until after we both moved to Mississippi for Teach For America. We taught summer school together last summer, and ended up getting placed in the same town for this school year. Now we're housemates, and I don't know what I would do without her in my wedding party!

BM H tried on a few of her favorite styles, and we narrowed it down to the style she is pictured in and this illusion neckline dress. 

Short mesh dress with sweetheart neckline from David's Bridal.

Yeah, I am a bad photographer. I was so caught up in the excitement of getting to hang out with two of my favorite ladies that I totally forgot to take pictures of them in every dress. But BM H looked amazing in both of her top picks. She ultimately decided that she could probably wear the halter style again after the wedding, so she picked that one. 

Excuse me chopping off BM M's head in this picture. This is a short strapless crinkle chiffon dress. Personal Photo.

BM M and I have been friends for three years. She was Mr. Blue Moon's college debate partner, and has kind of been through the whole experience of being a female debater in a super male-debater-dominated region of the country with me. That kind of thing will really help you bond fast, and we have always looked out for each other. It has been amazing to work with her, and I know she'll keep me calm when the wedding day rolls around! 

BM M probably tried on a dozen dresses at David's. Here is another one of our favorites. 

One shoulder tulle dress from David's Bridal.

Out of all the bridesmaids' dresses at David's, this is probably my favorite one. If I were going to dress all my girls in the same thing, this would have been one of my top picks. Sadly, most of my ladies were not about this dress. It looked amazing on BM M, but we decided together that she should go with the strapless chiffon since none of the other ladies are wearing tulle. Just like my other beautiful ladies though, BM M would look perfect in anything. 

Even though I feel like things are really speeding up now as we approach the three month mark to our wedding, I really enjoyed getting to sit back and enjoy the afternoon with two of my bridesmaids. I love these girls so much, and I can't wait to hang out with them even more in the week leading up to the wedding! 

Excuse the squinty eyes. It was so beautiful and bright outside while we were shopping! Personal Photo

The other item that has been on my to-do list this past week was to book hair and make-up for myself and the bridesmaids that want it. MOH K wants hair and make-up, BM E and BM H are doing their own, and BM M wants hair only. Thankfully my vendor, Galilee Bagwell, was more than happy to accommodate all of these various requests. She is going to come to us in the bridal suite of our venue on the day-of to get us looking pretty. 

I love the hair and subtle make-up on this bride. Via Galilee Bagwell. 

I am thinking about asking for a half-updo like this. I love a good updo, but I never wear my hair up and I think I will look more like myself to Mr. Blue Moon if I leave it down. Via Galilee Bagwell

I'm so happy I got so much checked off my to-do list during my long vacation. It feels good to get things out of the way, and I know making some of these big decisions and booking more important vendors definitely keeps my mom and wedding planner happy. We're on the final stretch now!
 
What's on your to-do list this week? How are you coordinating your wedding party if you have members that are in other locations?  
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment