Saturday, November 7, 2015

A Bridesmaid Bowed Out, and It Was Not a Catastrophe

We finally nailed down the wedding reception location, which I'll talk about soon in another post (yay!), so I posted it on the Facebook group I have set up for our wedding party. A few minutes after posting the updates about our wedding, one of my dearest friends messaged me and told me that she can't make it to the wedding because she has recently landed an amazing internship in South Africa. My heart dropped for just a second because I seriously love this girl, ya'll. I met her through my college debate team, as we were the only two women from my university to travel and compete nationally on a team full of men. We were always hotel roomies on our trips around the country, and we shared so many laughs and great times together.



Jaz would have made my wedding day so much more awesome than it will already be!
 
As disappointed as I am that I won't get to share the day with one of my best friends, I would never expect someone to give up an internship for one day, or even to purchase a ticket for an international flight for one wedding weekend. I'm so proud of my friend for landing an awesome internship!
 
Of course, we are now in a place where Don has five groomsmen and I am only at three bridesmaids, one of them a junior bridesmaid. I don't know if we'll leave the numbers like they are, or ask one more person to join us on our special day.
 
Love,
Linds

0 comments:

Post a Comment