Saturday, October 31, 2015

The Blue Moons Brainstorm: Our Wedding Vision

Coming up with a unified vision for our wedding was tricky. Mr. Blue Moon and I have pretty different tastes. Left to my own devices, I would plan something totally quirky, like a Harry Potter theme wedding on Halloween (still sounds awesome). Mr. Blue Moon has more classic wedding tastes and has to be talked into even the smallest divergences from a big, traditional wedding.


What the Mr. thinks a wedding should look like. // Collage via FanPop.com

When we first got engaged, I was very into the whole rustic burlap farm scene. I was totally envisioning my bridesmaids in cowboy boots and my guests sitting on hay bales for a hot second.

What I thought a wedding should look like. // Collage via various photographers at WeFollowPics.com

However, as we got deeper into our planning, I realized that "country" is not exactly what I'm going for. We are from the Nashville, Tennessee area and grew up loving all things Southern, but the more and more I pinned to Pinterest, the more and more I realized that cowboy boots and barns are not a true reflection of who we are, either individually or as a couple. Maybe I was just caught up in a craze!

As I honed in on my personal tastes, and figured out how to mesh them with what Mr. Blue Moon was envisioning, I realized that we are leaning more towards a vintage-tea-party style for our wedding. No boots, no barn, minimal burlap. Instead, we started looking for a historic church and reception venue.



This is Owen Chapel in Brentwood, Tennessee. We strongly considered this location for our ceremony venue, but ultimately chose a different church. Since both of us are history buffs, we want historic venues for the ceremony and the reception, and we've decided that a lot of our decor will have vintage and antique details. This made more sense to both of us than either of our original visions. 

Collage via WeddingDecor123


We would like to display some of our old family photos and heirlooms at our venues, and I'm choosing soft purples and greens as the main colors in our wedding palette. 



Photo collage via Evermine // Bridal Party {Wedding Bee}, Bouquet {Hey Wedding Lady}, Casual Celebration Wedding Invitation {Evermine}, Macarons {Brides of Adelaide}, Bridal Head Wreath {Wedding Chicks}, Wedding Cake with Lavender {Brides}, Lavender Simple Syrup Wedding Favors {Evermine Blog}, Bird Cage {Green Wedding Shoes}



Of course, I will still include some of my original rustic touches. Painted Mason jars with baby's breath are a must! We are also considering having our guests sign a wedding quilt, made by my great-aunt, instead of a guest book. I am also asking my aunts and grandmother to bake a pie for a pie bar, in addition to our wedding cake!

Via TheRocheShop at Etsy.com





For the attire, Mr. Blue Moon and I have decided on gray tuxes with brown shoes for the men. 

Photo via Style Me Pretty


I haven't quite decided on a particular look for my bridesmaids yet, but I know I am in love with floral bridesmaids dresses right now. 


Photo by Paula O'Hare via One Fab Day

For me, I know I want something classic, with lace. And a flower crown!

I'm obsessed with the British designer Charlotte Baulbier. That's not going to happen, but hey, a girl can dream.


From the Villa Rose collection by Charlotte Balbier via Love My Dress

I think that by making some compromises, Mr. Blue Moon and I have come up with a wedding vision that suits both of us and reflects who we are. I can't wait to see how it all comes together.

How did you reach an agreement on the look for your wedding day with your husband-to-be?










0 comments:

Post a Comment