Sunday, March 13, 2016

Dressing the Menfolk

Since Mr. Blue Moon and I were both in our hometown this weekend between our spring breaks (his was last week, and mine is this week), we decided to knock as much wedding stuff out of the way as possible. We purchased our wedding bands last night, and today we did tuxes, bridesmaids and flower girl dresses, veils for me, and a two hour long meeting with our wedding planner. Yeah. I know. It was a doozy.

Today, I'm focusing in on our process of picking out tuxes for the boys. Though Nashville is full of suit and tuxedo boutiques, we decided to streamline the whole thing by going to Men's Wearhouse. We have groomsmen in three different states, and it simplifies things for them to be able to go to their local store, get measured, and place their order.

Today, we had Mr. Blue Moon, three of our groomsmen, and both of our dads measured. As you might recall, I have been petitioning for some time now to have gray tuxes with brown shoes.


I was not entirely sure how successful I would be in this undertaking. It is really nontraditional for our two mothers' tastes, and Mr. Blue Moon was not totally sold on my inspiration pictures, either. I also have known for awhile now that I love the look of groomsmen in suspenders. I honestly thought this would be an easier sell than the brown shoes. 

I really love having the groom in a vest for photos, and the groomsmen in suspenders. Of course, they can put on their jackets during the ceremony. By Neil Thomas Douglas Photography via Rock N Roll Bride

I knew that if I could get either Mr. Blue Moon's best man or Mr. Blue Moon's dad (Blue Moon Senior) on board with these styles, that everyone else would come to agree. They are sort of like paragons of menswear style in my book. The best man immediately jumped on the brown shoes suggestion, and so did Blue Moon Senior, but we all ultimately decided to put everyone in a gray vest instead of putting suspenders under tuxes. I was totally willing to concede defeat since Mr. Blue Moon REALLY did not like the suspender idea.

Our overall look is something like this: 

Personal Photo

This is the gray tux by Black by Vera Wang with brown matte dress shoes. We are going with ivory shirts to match the shade of my dress, and Mr. Blue Moon is pairing his ensemble with an ivory bow-tie. The dads are going with black Euro ties, and our groomsmen will have iris bow-ties (a light, light purple) to match the bridesmaids' dresses. 

Fabric swatch from David's Bridal

I think all my favorite guys are going to look fabulous on the wedding day! I was surprised by how quickly we were able to pick everything out. We spent maybe thirty minutes making our selections. It took longer to measure everybody, especially since we're in the midst of prom season. It was cute to see how excited Mr. Blue Moon was to try everything.

Personal Photo

Of course, this handsome devil would look amazing in anything. :)

How big of a part will you play in helping your hubster-to-be pick out tuxes for the wedding? Will he have free reign, or are you a micromanager like me? 



0 comments:

Post a Comment