Monday, March 14, 2016

Dressing the Ladies: Part I

I have bridesmaids in...you guessed it...three different states. My two hometown bridesmaids are my maid of honor and best friend from childhood, MOH K, and Mr. Blue Moon's little sister, BM E. We also have our flower girl, Blue Blossom, in the hometown. I decided to get everyone together to try on dresses, and it was some of the most fun I've had so far in the planning process. I did not have a big entourage when I picked out my dress. It was just my mom on the first try, and then my mom and MOH K were with me when I finally found my dress. An entourage is fun, just not for the finding of the wedding gown!

I want everyone in my bridal party to be in a dress that she feels good in, so I decided awhile back on using the same color from the same store, but different styles of dresses.


We are choosing all the bridesmaid's dresses from David's Bridal, since I got my dress there and it will help them out with a discount. I also like the look of short dresses, so I instructed them all to look for those. 

While the big girls were looking for the perfect dress, our sweet flower girl had already met her perfect match. While I was picking out my dress, I had already selected this style for my flower girl. She tried it on, it fit perfectly, and she happily lived in this dress until it was time for us to make our purchases and leave. 

Empire waist tulle dress with beaded neckline from David's Bridal


MOH K found her preferred style super quickly: 


It's tricky to see with such a dark sample dress, but the top is lace and the skirt is netting over chiffon. BM E was having a harder time finding a dress she loved. E is in middle school and in the stage where she is almost two tall for junior's dresses, but too petite for misses dresses. 

There's Blue Blossom in her flower girl dress. I think she features in all of BM E's pictures. Two peas in a pod!

This is one of my top picks, but BM E felt the neckline was funky. 

Finally, my future mother-in-law decided to put BM E in a long dress that she will be able to hem when it comes in. We found this one, and decided it is a perfect fit. 

Sleeveless mesh dress with ruched waist from David's Bridal

Happy with our selections, we made our way to front of the store to get everyone paid for, and that's where the teensiest bit of drama went down. Our consultant told MOH K that her dress will not be available until a week after the wedding date.The consultant began to pull out other purple fabric swatches for me to choose from, which sent me into a minor panic attack. I just really had my heart set on the shade I picked out, and the only shades our consultant could get in on time were really dark, like plum. Rather than ordering a dress in a different color, my maid of honor graciously pulled two other dresses she liked to try on, and settled on her favorite. I am kicking myself for failing to get a photo of her in it, but like I said, it was our first (and hopefully last) dress emergency. 

Illusion lace halter dress from David's Bridal

I know that my beautiful maid of honor will look just as lovely in this dress, but when I shop with my other two bridesmaids this Friday in Atlanta, I am definitely going to make sure that the consultant only pulls dresses that we can get in on time for the wedding. 

Will your bridesmaids match, or do you plan to give them some freedom? 







0 comments:

Post a Comment