Thursday, March 10, 2016

Dreaming of Veils

Even though I have seen tons of brides with beautiful tiaras, and gorgeous flower crowns, or rocking amazing hairstyles without any kind of decoration at all, I have known since I was a little girl that I want to rock a pretty, floaty veil with my wedding gown. When I chose my dress back in December, they let me try on a few veils with it, but I didn't decide to buy one at the time. I was so in my feelings after having my bridal moment with the dress that I didn't want to immediately decide on a veil, too.


 Personal Photos

These are two veils that I tried on with my dresses in store. I know they're hard to see. The top one had some bling around the edges, which I hated. the second veil was beautiful, but it only comes in champagne, and I ordered my dress in ivory. I hope to try on some more veils next week while I'm on my teacher spring break and home with my mom, but in the meantime, I've been oogling some of my favorites online.

Mimi: Juliet Cap Veil with Beaded Floral Lace from AgnesHart on Etsy.com

I love the look of this Juliet cap veil with beaded lace. I think Juliet veils are so dramatic and unique. I do not see a lot of brides wearing them in real life, though I have seen several bees who've rocked them. I guess my concern is that I don't know if I could pull off this look, or if it would be too much with my dress, which is covered in lace appliques. Maybe something more girly and less edgy is called for. 

One-tier halo cathedral length veil from David's Bridal 

I really like this halo-style veil from David's Bridal. I really like the idea of a flower crown anyway, so this might be an easy way to incorporate that look. It is a little simpler to me, but on the other hand, I might rather have fresh flowers. It seems like I gravitate towards the long cathedral length veils, but I wonder if a short one might look better with my dress. 

 Multi-Layer Scallop Edge Mid-Length Veil at David's Bridal

I find this veil more simple, without all the lace and bling, and I think that could be very pretty with a dress that has a bunch going on. The scalloped edge still gives it something special though. But I always go back to the long veils because I think they're beautiful, and I guess that's what I've had in my head since I was little. 

Chantilly Lace Veil from CoutureBrideBoutique by Etsy.com

My mom wore a Chantilly lace wedding gown, and even though I could never wear her gown (she was slender, and it's not my size), I think it would be nice to incorporate some elements of her wedding look into mine. Lace is so beautiful anyway, and I love the edged look on veils. So pretty! 

Complicating the whole shopping process, though, is the fact that I have four veils on offer to be my "something borrowed." 


My parents. Wasn't my mom a stunner?

Mr. Blue Moon's parents. 

Mr. Blue Moon's grandparents on their wedding day in the early sixties.

Our dear friends and the parents of our flower girl. 

So as you can see, I have four gorgeous options to borrow. I think it would be so nice to incorporate something that was used in the wedding ceremony for any one of these successful marriages. That seems like some pretty good luck! I would have to double check, but I think most of these veils are true, true white. My dress is ivory. I guess I would have to try them on to know if they would work together or if the color difference would be too much. They're also all shorter veils, so that may or may not work with the overall look I'm going for. I'm still deciding!

Are you wearing a veil on your wedding day? Did you decide to purchase your own, or are you borrowing one from someone else?

0 comments:

Post a Comment