Saturday, July 16, 2016

We Blue Moons Got Hitched!

It has been a whirlwind month of final wedding plans, but after two years of planning, our wedding day came and went...finally! No one told me how much RELIEF I would feel after it was all over. Mr. Blue Moon and I are back from our fabulous five days in Cozumel, and enjoying some time with our families in Tennessee before we head back to our permanent home and resume life as we know it.

Mr. Blue Moon and I directly after our ceremony. Guest Photo. 

Our wedding day was HOT. It felt like it was about 105 degrees outside, and the Tennessee humidity was miserable. I was a bride hoping for rain, if only to cool things off, but we made do. Despite the hellish weather, our wedding was the intimate, family-oriented day I always dreamed of, and to us, it was perfect! 

With Mama Blue, my brand new mother-in-law, right before our ceremony. Guest Photo. 

As we got our festivities under way on the Friday before our wedding and started welcoming all our friends and extended family into town, I commented to Mr. Blue Moon that the best part of having a wedding is getting to have all the people we love in one place at one time. The celebrating with our friends was truly amazing. I have never felt so loved! It was a truly incredible feeling.

Walking down the aisle with Daddy. Guest Photo. 

My side of the family is not big on dancing, so I was pleased that our dancefloor stayed full most of the night, anyway. Guest Photo. 

Our venue still had construction going on when my bridesmaids and I ARRIVED that morning. They really worked hard to ensure that everything was picture-perfect, from the outdoor lights, to cleaning the dirt off the parking lot, by the time our guests arrived. It came together beautifully and Mr. Blue Moon and I could not have been more pleased. 


Guest Photos. 


It could be 6-8 weeks before we get our professional photographs back, but in the meantime, I plan to share photos from our honeymoon adventures and talk about the frenzy of DIY activities we worked on in the days leading up to our wedding. Until then, Mr. Blue Moon and I are holding ourselves over with guest photos like these, working on getting our video footage edited and set to music, and gushing over the sneak-peak photograph provided by our incredible photographer, Amilia James, that's keeping us eagerly waiting for more! 

Photograph by Amilia Photography, planning by Adriel Nutter Events, flowers by Forget Me Not Designs

Can't wait to be back in the loop soon! Thanks for staying along for the ride!








0 comments:

Post a Comment