Sunday, May 29, 2016

This is Insanity: Six Weeks Til Launch

I pretty much feel like this cat right now. Via Giphy.com.


In approximately six weeks at the time of this writing, I'll be walking down the aisle, about to become Mrs. Blue Moon! The problem with a long engagement is that the whole wedding part of it really sneaks up on you. Now that we're six weeks away, I am running around in what Mr. Blue Moon calls a "tizzy" trying to get everything done. It doesn't help that I am spending one of these six weeks directing a high school debate camp. I'm glad I get to do what I love, and the extra money is nice, but I am starting to feel like I'm spread a little thin so close to the wedding. 

The two of us are back in our hometown taking care of some wedding related business between the end of my school year (yay!) and the start of Mr. Blue Moon's job on Tuesday (double-yay!), and we are trying to get as much knocked out as possible. We spent a good chunk of today doing a walk-through of our reception venue before it undergoes inspections next week. Ya'll might remember that we booked our reception venue nearly sight-unseen while it was still basically in pre-construction. Yep. We put our wedding's fate into the hands of the amazing Nancy McEachern, the owner and event manager of Graystone Quarry, and I am SO HAPPY that we did. 

Less than six months ago, we walked through a concrete slab and some framing. When we drove up to our venue today, we saw this loveliness. 


The beautiful rock wall is all locally sourced from the quarry itself, as are a good many of the materials used in the building proper. As we went inside to do our first walk-through of the building in months, we got to see all the little details, and I could not have imagined or dreamed something more perfect if I had built it myself. 

The inside doors open up completely to allow our guests to enjoy the gorgeous view and Tennessee evening air. 


The bridal suite is just as lovely and will have five studio stations for hair and make-up! 

I feel like I was already excited enough for our wedding before I got to see the reception venue in person, but now that I've seen it, I'm just in cloud nine. I can really visualize how the day is going to look and play out now, and I can't wait to welcome our guests into such a lovely celebration space. Several people thought it was more than a little crazy to book a space that had not yet been built, but I'm so incredibly glad that we did.  

We also got to pick through Graystone Quarry's furniture and decorations to see what we might use for our ceremony and reception. They have an entire building full of furniture, antiques, and decor for their brides to choose from. My wedding planner has already been through once to set some things aside for me, but needless to say, I was like a kid in a candy store. 

Graystone Quarry offers 100 year old European farm tables and gorgeous chairs to their brides. We definitely said "yes!" to these and will be using lace runners instead of tablecloths to show off each table's uniqueness. 


We had a great time looking through Graystone's Quarry's decorations, but it wasn't quite over! Blue Mom had a wonderful friend with a ton of wedding decorations in storage that she offered to let us borrow. We visited to check everything out, and found everything from vintage lanterns to lovely table numbers.


It was a whirlwind day of wedding stuff, ending with a meeting with our videographer, and I am left feeling just a little bit overwhelmed. Thankfully, I am surrounded with tons of supportive people who are helping in every way they know how. It's about to get a little crazy, but I'm excited to keep you all posted on how things are going! 

Exhibit A: A couple who is more-than-a-little-bit relieved that their reception venue is nearly finished. <3

Did you take any big gambles during your wedding planning journey? How did it all work out?

*All photos personal









0 comments:

Post a Comment