Sunday, August 28, 2016

Once In a Blue Moon Love: The Girls Relax

Two days until our wedding day launch found me back under my parents' roof for the last time as a single lady. I had just spent the previous week in Alabama running a debate camp for high school kids, so describing myself as "wiped out" has to be the understatement of the year. MOH K could probably tell how exhausted I was in the days leading up to our wedding, and so she put together an amazing spa day for me and Bridesmaid E on Thursday. My other two bridesmaids were not set to arrive from Georgia until Friday morning and late Friday night respectively, so I didn't really want a big bachelorette party that they would get left out of. But Mr. Blue Moon did bowling and drinks with his boys the weekend before, and I really wanted one last day of singlehood, hanging out with MOH K, who I have been best friends with for eighteen years, and E, Mr. Blue Moon's little sister who I've basically watched grow up. A spa day was a great way to spend time with my hometown ladies, and knock out some of our pre-wedding to-do's.


Geared up for a perfect day. Personal Photo.

We started the morning at a salt cave, which I had actually never heard of until MOH K raved about going to her first one. We have two near our hometown, and MOH K booked an appointment at Serenity Salt Cave at 10.

Serenity Salt Cave. Photo via Yelp user Chris R. 

Essentially, a salt cave session is 45 minutes in a darkened room covered from floor to ceiling in Himalayan salt. You sit in a zero gravity chair with the most snuggly warmed blanket ever, your very own salt-stuffed pillow, and noise cancelling headphones that play relaxing music. Lights on the ceiling blink in rotations, sort of like fireflies, and it is very calming. You're not supposed to talk to anyone in the salt cave in order to enjoy all the relaxation benefits. There are supposed to be many health benefits to breathing in the salty air and having it on your skin. I'm not sure how much is scientifically backed, but the experience itself is super relaxing and I found myself drifting in and out of sleep. It was a little trippy for sure, but I left feeling much calmer and less tired than I had been in days. 

A salt cave room at Serenity Salt Cave.

After the salt cave, we made our way to MOH K's apartment to pick up her wedding shoes, and then we had our fingernails and toes done at this amazing nail salon called The Nail Bar in my hometown. 

The Nail Bar, via Polish Me Perfect

This place has tons of different lotion scents for you to choose from at the end of your manicure, and ya'll, they are BYOB and also have different wines on complimentary offer for you to enjoy during your mani or pedi. Plus sodas for our underage Bridesmaid E! It was super fun. We got purple toes to match the bridesmaids' dresses, and everyone picked out their own manicure color. 

After all this pampering, we were starving and enjoyed lunch at Tupelo Honey Cafe, a nod to my new Mississippi home. MOH K had a chicken BLT with macaroni and cheese, Bridesmaid E ordered pancakes, and I got the most delicious veggie burger I have ever tasted. It was the perfect end to a fabulous spa day!

The biscuits, honey, and blueberry jam they start you with before every meal are to die for. Via Yelp user Janelle C.

After our relaxing spa day, it was time to finish up some last minute favors and get enough beauty rest to enjoy a bridesmaids' luncheon the following day! Stay tuned for...




0 comments:

Post a Comment