Monday, December 21, 2015

Bling, Bling, We Chose Rings!

My engagement ring has been snagging on my clothes lately, so I figured it was time to take it in to the jewelry store for an inspection.

The one bad thing about purchasing important pieces of jewelry from Etsy sellers, as we did, is that you are not getting any sort of protection plan with your purchase. Since my ring is white gold, I can expect to shell about between $40 and $60 every time it starts to get yellow and needs to be redipped, as well as for any repair work. I guess it's a small price to pay for a ring that you love, but definitely something to think about if you (or your groom!) haven't picked yours out yet.

Sure enough, my prongs needed to be retipped. Since Don was with me in the jewelry store, we decided to browse for wedding bands while we were there, and ended up finding bands we both love.


Don's is a 6 mm white gold band, and mine is a 2mm white gold and diamond ring wrap. For a lot of brides, it is way too thin, but I love small and delicate jewelry, and I loved the way it looked on my finger! We decided to go ahead and put our rings on layaway, so we'll have them in a few weeks! I can't wait. 

Sorry for the extreme close-up and blurry quality!

When I went back to the store yesterday, I got to pick up my newly pronged and dipped engagement ring, as well as try it on with the band. I DIED, ya'll, it just makes me melt to see them together on my finger. It was perfection. 

How did you pick a wedding band? 

Love, 
Linds

Vendor Love:
Rings - Fred Meyer Jewelers 


0 comments:

Post a Comment