Thursday, December 24, 2015

Rings, Rings, and More Rings

In case ya'll haven't noticed, I really love jewelry. When we took my ring in to be resized and dipped a few days ago, they told us it would take four or five days to get it back. My finger felt SO NAKED without my ring. My fiance thought I was crazy, but I needed a stand-in ring.


This is my promise ring from my fiance, which he presented to me right before I left for college, almost five years ago now. It's a blue topaz, which is my birthstone. Normally I would just wear this in place of my engagement ring, but we've been out of town on an extended vacation and I hadn't packed it.

Cue Walmart. Yes, Walmart. Does this girl look like she's about to drop hundreds of dollars on a temporary ring just to make my finger feel less naked? Nah.


I picked this up off the costume jewelry rack just to have something on my hand, and I kid you not, I have gotten loads of compliments on this ring. It almost makes me wish I had gone with a colored stone for my engagement ring! I guess people just notice them more because they see clear stones on left hands all the time. 

Do you wear a ring in place of your regular engagement ring or band?

Love, 
Linds


0 comments:

Post a Comment