Thursday, December 31, 2015

Finding The Dress

DON, DO NOT READ THIS POST OR YOU WILL SEE THE DRESS AND DAMN OUR MARRIAGE FOREVER!!! #superstitious

Seriously, do not ruin this moment. Take your nosy self on out of here. ;)



Ok, ladies, now that he's gone...I have a VERY curious groom, ya'll. I have been keeping him posted on my dress shopping progress, and he is super excited to see me in my dress and super jealous of everyone who has seen it when he knows he can't.

Anyway, I found my wedding gown in near-record time. I was really hesitant to shop, because I have packed on the pounds as the stress of my first teaching job has gotten to me, and as awful as this sounds, I really did not believe anything would look good on me. Brides, if any of you are feeling like I did, calm down. You will be beautiful on your wedding day, and find a gown that feels like it was made especially for you.

It only took two shopping trips for me to find my dress, and both were at David's Bridal. I hear good and bad things about David's, and I was honestly not expecting to find my dress there, but when you find the one, you can't question it.

Our first shopping trip was on Black Friday, and let me tell you, it was a bust. My consultant was trying to help me and two other brides, and she did not pull a lot of dresses for me. Since she was so busy, she did not put me in a long-line bra and slip, just a regular strapless, and that made a lot of difference in how the dresses were fitting me. I found two that I felt ok in, but neither were really right, so Mom and I left without buying anything.




My mom actually really liked this dress, especially the train. For some reason, the train really reminded me of Natalie Portman's Queen Amidala costumes from Star Wars. Yes. You can't unsee it. I also did not like what this dress did to my hips. The consultant kept putting me in empire waist dresses because she said they would flatter me, but I wasn't feeling it. 



This dress was my favorite of the day. I really loved it because it had pockets. However, it was going to be quite heavy for our July wedding, and the cleavage was a little over the top for me. Neither of these dresses made me feel like a bride.

For our second appointment, I asked for a different consultant, and the lady we got was wonderful. She immediately put me in the right type of undergarments, and pulled some dresses. She put me in some of my mom's picks and my maid of honor's picks. Finally, she decided to put me in a dress that she thought would flatter me. 

Drum roll please...






This is David's Bridal Style 9V3587. I hated it on the model on the website. I hated it on the hanger. Neither of those things did this dress justice. As soon as I saw myself in this dress, I started to tear up. I was definitely having one of those moments. This made me feel beautiful, and I did not want to take it off at all! The lace appliques were exactly what I wanted, and the blingy belt options kept my mom happy. I am so freaking excited for my fiance to see me in this dress. It truly took my breath away. We bought it on the spot, in solid ivory. It is shown here in champagne and ivory. 


We even picked the bridesmaids' dresses while we were at it. All in all, a very productive day! And I couldn't be happier with my choice!

How long did it take you to find your gown?

Love, 
Linds


0 comments:

Post a Comment