Thursday, April 14, 2016

Flower Power

As you all know, I am planning much of my wedding from a distance with the help of Blue Mom and my future mother-in-law, Mama Blue. Today they are meeting with our potential florist to price out bouquets, bouts, and ceremony/reception flowers. Mr. Blue Moon's family decided to follow the old tradition of paying for the people flowers: the corsages, boutonnieres, the bridesmaids' bouquets, and my bridal bouquet, and my parents are generously paying for the floral décor.

The first thing Mr. Blue Moon and I did was sit down and make a list of all the flowers we would need.

People Flowers:
--1 bridal bouquet
--4 bridesmaids' bouquets (doubling as reception centerpieces)
--10 boutonnieres for 1 groom, five groomsmen, 2 dads, and 2 granddads
--6 corsages for 2 moms, 3 grandmothers, and 1 great-grandmother

Ceremony Flowers:
--2 wreaths for the front doors of the church
--1 wreath for the alter
--at least four flower pomanders for the family pews
--3 large arrangements for the front of the church and the guestbook table (can be moved to the reception for centerpieces and decorations)

Reception:
--bulk baby's breath for small arrangements
--other stuff that my wedding planner knows about and that doesn't concern me much because I fully trust her judgment

I think the flowers I'm most excited about are, of course, my bridal bouquet. I have three favorites that I've been eyeballing on blogs, and I really hope the florist we end up choosing will be able to deliver!

Photo by Stephanie Fay via Zalkopp.com // Floral arrangement from Camelback Flower Shop


Maybe I should have been a spring bride, because I am in love with luscious peonies. Their soft, full look is so romantic for any wedding.

 
 
The lavender and sweet peas in this bouquet are charming. I like that this one has more color.
 
 
 

 

Out of my top three favorite bouquets, this one is probably my favorite of all. I love the addition of the peach, the amnesia roses are beautiful, and it looks like it has some succulents as well, which I love. I really hope that Blue Mom and Mama Blue can talk to the florist about something like this. It is so nice to have them as my right-hands on the hometown end of planning the wedding.
 
 
I love this look for the men. The only thing I can't decide is whether I want the order different bouts for my groom, the groomsmen, and then the fathers/grandfathers. I love this one so much that I might just use it for everyone, but I would also like to think of a way to distinguish Mr. Blue Moon.
 
 

Flowers from Fancy Petals Florist, via their website
 
 
I like a simple look for the bridesmaids bouquets, too. I would like to incorporate the lavender like this, but maybe with less baby's breath.
 


The other place where I'm really stuck is with the corsages. I know we want wrist corsages for the moms and grandmothers, but I have no idea what they should look like. Similar to the boutonnieres, I guess.
 
I can't wait to update with my decoration inspiration, plus what we ultimately pick! How did you choose wedding flowers, and what are you prioritizing?

0 comments:

Post a Comment